.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Bangers-n-Mash

An amalgam of flog/blog and totally all opinion.

My Photo
Name:
Location: cybercity, everywhere, United States

Friday, June 09, 2006

Late Spring Moon


Late Spring Moon
Originally uploaded by Mitch Eaton/bodhi47.

Ever since I was a little kid and our Dad woke us up to come see the The Landing On The Moon on the black and white TV in my parents bedroom I have been fascinated by this sight. We used to have a Reader's Digest Collection of albums (vinyl) of all of the communications that went back and forth between Houston and the Apllo Spacecraft and the Eagle Lunar Lander. I even tried to assemble a model of the lunar lander. I was a space freak. And I've been trying ever since to figure out a way to get that National Geographic Magazine photo of the moon. I knew it would be like shooting against the snow, having to stop down the camera to compensate for the grey point. But until now I've never had a camera that I could crop the picture and still get this much detail. This rocks. You don't know how much I get a kick out of this shot. Is it perfect? Nope, but gosh I could sit and look at it for hours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home